Tuesday, September 8, 2009

If I could change the world...

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

If I could do anything to change the world, I'd LOVE.

I'm not talking about smoochy, smiley, I-wanna-get-in-your-pants love. I'm talking about this-sux-but-we're-in-it-together-and-I'm-gonna-stick-by-you love. Life's tough - we know that. But sticking together and managing to love each other through the really hard times as well as the good is really what life is about. It's undeniable. We all need to be loved. Love does make the world go round.

On a larger scale, if we were able to accept and love people as a whole and not see each other as enemies, our perceptions and actions would totally change. We'd become more considerate, compassionate and understanding. Poverty... War... Famine... Fraud... Murder... Child abuse... The list goes on and on. These things would be non-existent if we could manage to love.

I'm not going to sit here and say (or type) that this is possible. Of course it isn't! But imagine the difference it would make to the world if we just tried...

That was my entry for the www.BlogThis.com.au Challenge #15 - hope you liked it :o)

3 comments:

  1. great simple idea love is isn't it? totally think there would be no crime in the streets especially, if people felt loved they would not need to lash out at others

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more!

    (((((Group hug, anyone?)))))

    ReplyDelete

Hi~ Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what people have to say :o) Have a great day!