Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blogging inspiration


I had the luxury of going to the movies yesterday with my beautiful friend Leanne - DURING THE DAY. Wow. That's pretty decadent hey. The best part of it was what we watched: Meryl Streep in Julie&Julia. It was amazing! I'm not generally a movie drooler. I'll watch a movie once, smile and nod, maybe have a chuckle and generally move on. But not with this movie. Julie&Julia inspired me! Those bubbles of happiness ran through my veins right from the opening scene and are still floating around today. After it finished, I could've turned right around, bought another ticket and sat myself down to watch it all over again - except that I had to get Leanne to the airport, pronto!

This flick made me excited about everything all over again. Blogging, cooking and writing. If you feel like you need a bit of a chuckle and revitalise that flame within you, stroll on over to the nearest cinema and sit back and enjoy. I know, I know. It's just a casual, funny, not very life changing movie. But you never know what will be the next saviour to your senses, fanner of flames, and this movie has so done it for me. Don't laugh, it has!

Julie&Julia is based on two memoirs. One, written by Julia Child (an American cook, famous during the 60's, 70's and 80's) is about her adventures while living in France (entitled My Life in France. Quite original I thought). Julie Powell forms the other half of the equation, an unfulfilled 30 year old who decides to cook her way through Julia Child's famous cook book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking and blog about it as she goes.

Much to my great excitement, Julie still blogs! Find her here.

Let me know if you've already seen it or want to see it. Did you enjoy it too?

Have a lovely day.

Joni xox

2 comments:

  1. ooh thanks I really want to watch this. In my one horse town we do not have a cinema (eh) but you have inspired me to... um.... try and buy it on ebay???? when it comes out on dvd?
    hey nice blog.... I am about to peruse it a little more now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying the DVD sounds like a great idea - I'm going to buy it straight away too - not wait until it's thrown in the $12 pile at Target - I definitely can't wait that long! Thanks for the comment :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi~ Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what people have to say :o) Have a great day!