Thursday, October 22, 2009

Volunteers, Anyone?

I've been a really slack blogger lately but let me tell you that there are many and varied reasons why. First, school holidays. That's reason enough all by itself! Secondly, we went away for a week and third, sometimes it's just great to have a break. But I'm back on the www's now and hopefully will have my lovely new site up and running sometime in the next month (or so!)

Knitting is going well. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, my five year old daughter wanted to start knitting so she could make a Trauma Teddy for sick kids. We approached it as a school holiday project but I now see that it's going to take a little longer than that... The current practise piece is very cute but, well, it's a practise piece. Not sure that the Trauma Teddy is going to happen for a while... but maybe we'll make a couple of little gifts for school friends along the way. Will keep you posted.

I've been meaning to say: Welcome to all the new followers! It's always very exciting to have a spurt in followers (even though my spurt means that I now have 16 followers. Instead of five. Everyone say woo hoo for me!) I'd love to start a new weekly activity to celebrate (I'm loving all these great blogging ideas floating around and I want to give a few a go) entitled: Let's Go Meet the New Kid on the Blog. So, the whole aim of the game is that I want to get to know the lovely people who follow my blog (and give their blog a little bit of love) - just like I love getting to know the wonderful bloggers I follow. If you want to be my very first New Kid on the Blog (and all of you would qualify for that!) and you want to answer a few short, snappy and (maybe) strange questions, flick me a quick email or comment below - whatever tickles your fancy. I look forward to hearing from you all! Don't bombard me now. I already have too much fan mail to get through as it is!

PS: I REALLY love the That Vintage earrings being given away on The Red Deer (that's them up above) so this is my little plug. The earrings are gorgous, so go take a peek - you won't regret it!

PPS: I don't really get fan mail. That was a joke. I really do want your emails. Promise! Do I sound desperate? Okay it's getting lame now.

2 comments:

  1. very happy to answer strange questions! and I do love those earrings - they look like cute little buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those earrings too!

    I would be happy to participate too!

    Be sure to show us a finished product of the knitting! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi~ Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what people have to say :o) Have a great day!