Monday, October 26, 2009

Etsy all about Aus

Something strange happens to me when I go on Etsy. A wave of tingles rolls over my shoulders. My eyes glue themselves to the computer screen and I spend long drawn out moments, wondering whether I'd ever be clever enough to make these trinkets. I always come to the same conclusion - my Visa card would have better luck getting results via PayPal than my well meaning (but poorly executed) crafting skills. Thus said, this week's BlogThis.com.au challenge suits me just perfectly. With my imaginary $200 Etsy shopping voucher in hand, I've traipsed around the store, searching for the perfect little knick knacks to call my own - virtually, of course. And even though I'm sure, in fact I know, that crafters in America, Europe, India... in fact every other country are just as clever as our crafters in Australia, I prefer to shop locally, support the neighbours, so my list is all about the Aussies and made by Aussies. Enjoy :o)

I absolutely love chunky jewellery and this massive delight by Killer Jewels is just lovely. $12 + $4 postage.

How cute is this Hi Deer card by Small Stakes! They have heaps of other gorgeous designs too. $5 + $1 postage.


You too could make this funky little character thanks to the patterns at Twinkle Kids 2. Buy the pattern for only $3.50. Delivery via email.



I saw Julie&Julia (Meryl Streep's latest flick) today and am SO inspired... both to blog and to cook. This apron sums up the movie perfectly. Available at Wonderland Avenue for $28.50 + $2.50 postage.

Isn't he cute! This little fella and his matching bibs can be found at Indigo Elephant for $27.50 + $5.50 postage. Irresistable.


Just for a bit of timeless class, this Domany design 1960's vintage dress is at Retrospace. But not for long - it's just $25 + $7 postage!


This makes my heart flutter every time I see it. The word pendant is hand stamped, hence the gorgeous effect, dripping with character. This, and a myriad of other wonderful creations, is available at Princess Allure. $41 + $4 postage. Take a look - you won't regret it!

I didn't actually spend all my magic $$, there's about $33 remaining.. perhaps I'll keep that handy for a rainy day.

This fun window shopping excursion was inspired by BlogThis Challenge #22. If you feel like it, please pop on over to www.blogthis.com.au to vote :o)

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. great list! I LOVE that little knitted creature guy!! What a cutie!
    I bought my apron from etsy too.. it was upcycled and I love it.. also, incidentally I have a food blog as well as my main blog.. it's a wonderful way to spend time and get your creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the elephant!!
    have a soft spot for them as i had one at my wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies - glad you like the list :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that elephant needs a home! He's so cute! Great shopping haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Im Sarah from Princess Allure, I just stumped across your blog when I was searching the net for another blog that featured my items. THanks so much for featuring my handstamped necklace!

    ReplyDelete

Hi~ Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what people have to say :o) Have a great day!