Monday, November 16, 2009

Kwun kwitty toodle..

I love listening to my children chatting away, mispronouncing all their words and expecting whoever's listening to understand exactly what they're saying. I really wanted to capture that stage of their lives so with each of them I quickly jotted down some of their pronunciations - as a keep sake. Even now, only six months after writing GB4's list, reading through I can see how far she's advanced.

I loved this idea because it literally took only a few minutes. So many memory-saving projects take hours, weeks, months, sometimes years! I just get totally overwhelmed and usually fail dismally. But this was so much fun!

Here are some of GB4's three year old pronunciations:

Mismas – christmas

Toodles – noodles

Gwudda – brother

Sissa – sister

Buzzy bar – muesli bar

Bolloll – bottle

Kwun – one

I doe big so – I don’t think so

Gwek – work

Gwimmipool – swimming pool

Kwitty - pretty


How cute! What do you do to preserve memories of your children's language?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi~ Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what people have to say :o) Have a great day!