Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Wonderful Comfort of a Child...


My apologies for the lack of post yesterday. We received two batches of bad health news about my parents so needless to say, it was a tough day. Amidst everything that was happening though, I had a beautiful moment with my littlest girl, GB4 and I wanted to share it with you.

I was sitting on the couch, trying to process everything that had happened earlier in the day and GB4 was lying on the couch listening to music, when Justine Clarke came on. All of a sudden I found myself wiggling my nose, blinking my eyes, lifting my eyebrows and looking surprised as Dancing Face began to play. GB4 certainly had her dancing face happening as she wiggled her eyebrows like the best of them. It was such a beautiful moment of joy and laughter amidst my turmoil of emotions. GB4 was so pleased to see her mummy happy again and for a moment, I was able to enjoy the care-free magic of childhood.

During the last couple of days, I've really appreciated the clarity children bring to difficult seasons. A much-loved teddy bought to comfort a teary mum, a caring stroke given by tiny hands or a softly spoken, "Are you alright Mum?" brings so much healing.

Sorry for the serious and somewhat morbid post but that's the glory of blogging - it really is about the realities of life.

xo

Dancing Face is available on I Like to Sing! on CD and DVD

The beautiful image above is from www.synapsenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi~ Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what people have to say :o) Have a great day!